SKU:
T2_VENTPOD_MK2
Condition:
New
Shipping:
Calculated at Checkout
Adding to cart… The item has been added

Product Overview

Improve your roadtrip music enjoyment with our vent-fit speaker pods (MK2 Version)! 

All T2 buses, regardless of the quality and power of the soundsystems fitted, have the same cabin sound problem when travelling at higher speeds. Voices, podcasts, and radio are inaudible, muffled, and unpleasant to listen to due to the high background noise of the vehicle. 

The problem is compounded by the footwell speaker location in most buses, which means the audio source is blocked and doesn't have a clear pathway to the drivers ears.

This is where our T2 Vent-fit speaker kits can drastically improve your audio experience on a roadtrip! A full-range (bass, treble, and mid) speaker is located in the dashboard vent, pointed directly at the driver/passenger & held in place by the original VW vent for a super clean installation. 

This full range speaker unit (Bass, Mid, & High) will project audio sound waves directly where they are needed; therefore much lower volumes are required and you will experience much improved audio clarity at speed, especially when listening to podcasts or radio. While travelling, the vent speakers will provide a balanced and clear sound quality allowing you to enjoy vocals and detailed sound in a way that is simply not possible using the much larger footwell speakers.

The speaker components used are of high quality and german made. Our components have not been chosen based on maximum power output or volume, but instead to give a balanced, detailed sound which creates an audible improvement at the drivers' ears in normal driving scenarios. 

Furthermore, the vent function is retained as the air can flow around the outside of the speaker pod, and the vents can still be rotated and directed as required. The speaker pod body is designed to be as streamlined as possible to retain as much airflow as we could. 

Installation: Other than a very small hole which is required for the speaker wiring to your head unit, the speaker unit itself simply clips into your existing vents and almost no tools are required for installation. Please note that you will need to remove the flap which blocks/closes the vent, so this vent function will no longer be available. Installation takes under 30 minutes. 

For wiring, these speakers should usually be fitted in series with your existing door speakers, or you may choose to use them as your only front speakers. If wiring in series, it is just a case of locating the wiring from the head unit to each door speaker and cutting ONE wire, and installing the vent speaker in line. Our wires are marked red and black, for positive and negative.

Available to buy in a pair or a single speaker, your kit includes:
  • Self-contained 4 Ohm Vent-fit speaker pod (single or pair)
  • 1.3m of co-axial speaker cable (attached to the unit)
  • Snap-fit connectors for easy installation with your existing wiring. 
  • Full installation instructions and wiring suggestions.

Speaker Specification:

• Maximum Power - 12 Watts
  • Rated Power - 10 watts
  • Impedence - 4 Ohms
  • Frequency response - 120Hz to 20,000Hz
  • Mean sound pressure - 81dB
  • Size - 60mm x 60mm. 
  • Cable - 18 AWG (1.3 meters length supplied)
Designed and hand assembled in the UK. 30 day returns accepted. 

Vents can be purchased seperately from our VW Parts section. 

Reviews

(5 reviews) Write a Review

5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews

Vent Fit Speaker

Posted by Glen Anderson on 2nd Sep 2024

I bought these to boost the sound in the front to save me having to turn the stereo up full volume. They were so easy to fit (literally took about 30 mins each from start to finish) and really add the quality of the sound in the front cabin. Great buy.

Good news!!

Posted by Mark Siemons on 31st Jul 2024

Having seen the ad on Facebook I was a little worried most ads on Facebook are a scam. This company however offers a good product and fast delivery. The in-vent speakers sound good and are very discreet and good quality. Recommended.

T2 VENT-FIT SPEAKER KIT

Posted by Pete on 25th Jul 2024

I can imagine a lot of T2 bus owners are curious about these. I know I was and often thought the dash side vents are ideally placed to add discrete speakers and I was not wrong. Full marks to The Cotswold SS for solving the few practical problems and selling a nice kit. As predicted, these were easy to fit: The design allows air to percolate past but I blanked mine further down the vent with foam bungs as I didn't want the rush of air to reduce the impact of the expected sound quality and in fact with the speaker kit in place owners no longer have the option to choose to block the airflow as the speaker replaces the original VW baffle. So onto the all-important subject of sound quality. I fitted mine in series with the front speakers and kept the rear set working. I could not detect any loss of quality or volume from the original front speakers and the little vent speakers appeared to produce reasonable range but without any real base as expected from their size. I suppose they act like a pair of tweeters. Overall there is a noticeable improvement in music quality which is nice but it is with spoken word that the mini-speakers really shine and Radio 4 never sounded so good at 50mph in a 50 year old builders van .

Fabulous speakers

Posted by G P on 22nd Jul 2024

Fabulous speakers, discreet but powerful enough to make a real difference to the sound in my VW Baywindow van. Highly recommend.

These speakers make such a difference!

Posted by Grant Coates on 1st Jun 2024

Fitted these beauties yesterday and took out for a test run today… what a difference they make. Instead of having the door speakers blaring, you can turn them down and listen with clarity I didn’t think was possible in my bay window. Would highly recommend, they were really easy to fit, they are so discreet but they let you know they are there the second the stereo is turned on.